Waterford 0-3 Dundalk
It’s a short game week so I thought I’d attempt a minute by minute update of Friday’s match.The below is what I wrote down in real time as I was watching the game
- Kick off – I’ve had some wine, lets give this a go…
2. Ger Canning has gone for the George Hamilton pronunciation of debut. “Dayboo”
3. Is Fats injured? No…Handball
4. Great advertising boards of the League of Ireland- Flipz Pretzels next to Clem Jacob Hire.
5. Of all the players in world football to pull a corner back to on the edge of the box, Chris Shields is pretty far down the list
7. We’re all over them
10. Ger Canning pearls of wisdom – “Well it counts as a shot”
13. Darren Meanan was deadly at corners.
14. This handball blindness is getting out of hand. “It looks like a handball again”
17. That’s 4 handballs – zero free kicks or penalties.
19. Waterford’s first chance. Nerves return.
20. Someone rescue Sobowale from Waterford.
22. Terrible shot from Fats
23. Description of Waterfords performance from co-commentator “The honesty is unbelievable”.
24. GOAL Boyle with the header from a corner.
26. The boys look MASSIVE next to the Waterford boys
30. Injury to McMillan…fuck…let’s go Junior
31. The clock is gone. I can’t do a minute by minute without the clock. Nice one WatchLoI
??. Feed has gone again. Waterford almost scored apparently.
38. The clock is back.
41. Junior dives for a penalty
42. Why is Shieldsy taking it? GOAL. Doesn’t matter he scored.
45. HT Comfortable.
First half highlight, Ger Canning. Ger is a pretty unique commentator, no one else would repeatedly say to “hoof” a cross in or to play that one “crisply out there”. National treasure.
45. GOAL. Duffy. Excellent.
48. Classic Sheilds, terrible pass, excellent block.
49. Should be 4-0.
51. I’ve poured myself a whiskey.
52. Can’t hear the name James Waite without thinking of James Wade.
54. “Martin off the butt of the post”
57. James Wade looks a decent player.
58. Raivis loves a card.
60. Junior should have scored I think.
62. Ger Canning brilliance – “trying to keep the ball in and succeeding…until he and the ball run out of play”
65. Zahibo loves a card.
66. Expected goals would be having a field day with this.
67. Jesus Mary and Joseph and the wee Donkey
72. Zahibo will get sent off against someone soon
74. Almost 4-0 also very sloppy at the back in the 2nd half.
77. Still waiting for Fats to properly put his foot through a ball.
78. Just saw the Rovers goal. Blessed.
78. Ger Canning’s true colours emerge as he finally calls someone a cornerback
80. Dummigan looks in a fair bit of pain there.
83. Not gonna lie. I’m on Twitter.
86. Ger Canning with a Line of Duty reference in a big spot!
87. Followed it up with a Jim’ll Fix it reference though.
90. FT. Easy win.